In honor of this year’s National Sleep Awareness week, the team at SensorPEDIC has decided to launch a blog to further our mission to help people sleep and live better.
We’ll be posting on topics related to sleep tips, the latest sleep health research, and of course new products & technologies to help you sleep better.
We hope you’ll bookmark our blog and come back to read our interesting articles.
Today, we’ll leave you with this a few quick facts about the state of sleep and why #SleepAwareness is so important:
- Between 50-70 million adults in the U.S. have a sleeping disorder
- Sleep disorders can exacerbate many health issues, lead to higher risk of heart attack and stroke.
- Roughly 40% of adults report unintentionally falling asleep during the day.
- Drowsy driving is responsible for over 1500 deaths and 40,000 injuries annually in the U.S.
- Humans are the only mammals who actively delay sleeping
If you’re not getting enough sleep, consider utilizing the new BedTime function on your phone or a sleep time calculator app like on the National Sleep Foundation website.